10-tips strategy for optimum management entrance examination performance
Aim for the top 10 AICTE approved PGDM colleges in Bangalore. GIBS offers both MBA and PGDM. Do you wish to appear for CAT, MAT, XAT or CMAT?
• Ask once again if business is really your passion. Once you are convinced that it is business that you want to make a life career, attack the task positively and plan a time-table over the period of weeks or months available.
• Keep in constant touch with the media and read the daily newspapers besides watching the news programs on television until the examination date. English Language skills would be promoted by nature and news channels and quizzes would help general knowledge. A dictionary and a thesaurus are good friends.
• Keep physically fit with a healthy diet, regular hours of adequate sleep and exercise. Take breaks between study sessions and maintain a personal copy of all the study materials. Relax on the examination date, avoiding excessive mental stress at the last moment.
• Pay heed to the application procedure, payments, dates and timings. Be early for every appointment. Be careful about the do’s and don’ts. What can be carried and what cannot to the examination center?
• An excellent start to the exam preparation would be to solve the previous year’s question papers. Aim for a thorough understanding of the current examination format and the sections, time, marking system and types of questions.
• Understand the differences of pattern among the important exams like CAT, XAT, CMAT, and MAT etc. English section, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative section are found but the names of the sections may be different.
• Joining a tutorial institution would bring greater confidence but is not compulsory. Belonging to a study group has advantages too. Plenty of study materials are available online, including audio and video files. Make sure that a mentor or a senior is guiding you.
• Aim for several types of preparation material like books and magazines, DVDs and question papers.
• Practice and more practice of mock exams is the ultimate strategy in conditions that mimic a real exam with the set timer alone in the room. Match the answers later to check.
• Speed is important since most examinations are multiple choice questions and conducted online. Computer experience is crucial and a few sessions of answering online mock tests would bring greater prowess. Once again, practice in plenty.
Common Admission Test is the most sought after entrance test for MBA and 20 IIMs and over 100 B-schools in India use the results to decide admissions. Each year as many as two lakh MBA aspirants appear for CAT. Changes have taken place in the examination pattern and now CAT has three sections and candidates cannot switch from one section to another.
Management Aptitude Test is conducted four times a year by All India Management Association (AIMA). The four occasions are in February, May, September and December. Students have a choice of the computer-based mode and the paper and pencil mode.
Held in January every year. In order to appear for Common Management Aptitude Test, students need a graduation with 50% and above marks for General Category and 45% for reserved category. Final year Bachelor degree candidates can also apply. CMAT is a computerized test in four sections and carries a hundred multiple choice questions. The four sections are Logical Reasoning and Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation and General Awareness, each carrying 25 marks. The total time is 180 minutes or three hours.
Xavier Aptitude Test to select management students has been held for over sixty years by XLRI Jamshedpur all over India. The XAT scores are used for the selection of students by over 140 management institutes. Graduates are eligible. XAT is a paper and pencil test. Mostly consisting of objective type questions, subjective type questions are also present like the essay writing.
The exam has two papers. The completely objective type Paper 1 of 140 minutes has sections on Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation with no fixed number of questions.
Paper 2 of 30 minutes duration has both objective and subjective questions. General knowledge has 25 questions and essay writing has a single topic.
In order to apply for PGDM, it is necessary to write one of the leading entrance examinations. At this point of time, aim for the 2019 examinations. The application period is usually set a month or two before the examination date and now it will be too late to appear for the December 2018 examinations.
PGDM courses at reputed institutions like GLOBAL INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS STUDIES offer a dynamic course of academic interactive study sessions and numerous learning activities along with attractive placements. Why not work hard and try for admission to the PGDM Colleges in Bangalore? Make a powerful beginning to a challenging and worthwhile management career at GIBS.