Full-Time MBA Scores Over Part Time MBA – March 31,2017
A major proportion of students, almost 50 percent of students who are studying at any business school go for part-time courses. Apart from being popular, this also has many drawbacks whereas a full-time MBA course is in a tradition which has MBA degree formats. A majority of world’s top considered business schools are offering full-time MBA education. In spite of the fact of expanding executive MBA course and improvement in the technology of distance MBA degree as well as online MBA degree, it is seen that full-time MBA still stands to be the most popular format. Students are able to concentrate particularly in a full-time MBA course. This provides students with a detailed understanding about how business functions and leaders have risen and met the ever-changing circumstances and challenges.
An Overview of an MBA degree
There are a number of MBA programs. People keep on looking for options and the one that is best suited for their aims. This is a very demanding procedure where students need to get their choice of course with all the favorable conditions. The first option they look for is to identify the type of MBA they are looking for. Each MBA student has their vision of career development and scope of a job after having completed their course. MBA programs are classified into full-time, part-time, distance learning and executive MBA.
A number of joint MBA programs are being introduced in the market. There are a few programs which teach both part-time and full-time students together having a difference in the time of completion. Part-time MBA takes longer time than a full-time MBA. These programs are available in both online as well as on-campus formats which consist of internship and studying abroad opportunities. An MBA degree covers important business disciplines which include economics, human resources, and management, marketing or international business. Students might get qualified for the position in management among a variety of industries which consists of healthcare, government, and manufacturing. Students who are a graduate in MBA have an option to continue their education until the completion of a doctoral program. MBA provides you the advanced training in business that you need to become a top executive apart from the fact which industry you are willing to work in.
Advantage of full-time MBA over part-time MBA
If you are struggling with the decision about which course you should go for, here are some factors to be considered while comparing part-time and full-time programs:
• Pre-MBA Career Path-To get you to the next level, for a better package and career options you need an MBA. This is a general review, when you focus on your age and the level of experience, it might seem that you are old enough for a full-time MBA course. But you need to understand that this is not a very unusual case.
• Family-Part-time MBA course programs have classes during the evening or during weekends, whereas full-time have their classes on weekdays. If the student holds the position of a spouse or has kids or any other dependants play a role in taking this decision to opt which of the two courses. No matter you have a part-time or full-time course, if you are attending classes it is equally stressful.
• Career-If you are having a proper career in some MNC and you are also experiencing proper growth with your present employer, then you can opt for a part-time MBA to accelerate your trajectory. By this, you can easily show your management that how hard you are working and a can also bring b-school knowledge into your workspace. Recruiters keep lining up to hire students from a full-time program whereas part-time students go for independent searches.
• Fitting with the regular MBA program-Even though age difference exists, still, there are a lot of common things which you might find in other students who are younger than you. So, in this way you become flexible with time. You can connect the MBA requirements to your aim irrespective of your age.
• Focus mainly on MBA related projects-While having part-time MBA classes, you have less time for good projects. Having a full-time MBA course you have sufficient time to apply the concepts of class to the real time projects. This might turn into your business plan.
• Abroad opportunities-MBA provides international exposure. You have the option to take classes during vacations in different countries which are considered as international study trips. By utilizing these opportunities you can have better exposure while having the international business world.
• Part-time students are not as competitive in terms of admission as the full-time students. Part-time programs last longer than 2 years which also causes the problem to the students and is not flexible. Also, social life keeps lacking between work and college. Full-time students have the option of on-campus recruitment and attract the top students globally.
Eligibility criteria for full time and part time MBA course
Eligibility criteria of MBA course include an aggregate of 50 percent in bachelor’s degree which includes the percentage of marks in 10th and 12th. Students who are presently appearing for their final year exams can also apply. If a student has a composite score of 500 in GMAT / MAT exams or a minimum of 70 percentile in CAT /XAT/CMAT exams is also eligible to apply for an MBA course. There are no age restrictions for this degree. For foreign students, they must have a student Visa which is valid throughout the duration of the course and they need a clearance from Human Resource Development Ministry. The only difference between part-time and full-time eligibility criteria is that part-time students can have a job going along with the MBA classes which are not possible for a full-time MBA student.
Career after undergoing full-time MBA course
MBA graduates have number opportunities available. After receiving this degree you can easily advance in your organization and you can refine your career by developing new skills. You can start a business if you are passionate enough and create a sustainable career. You can also go for freelance work as a consultant, mentor, coach and you can also experience multiple types of organization and work culture. The main objective of getting an MBA degree is to earn more money, get a promotion in job and have better job options.
Full-time MBA programs are usually self-sponsored and are best for getting an MBA degree without having any external pressure. It provides the best environment as it provides you with long lasting friendship and contacts and also offers better career options with increased salary, networking, and a proper educational experience.
We at GIBS offer a two-year full-time MBA Program with a great career ahead. The Program has various deliverables including Project management and steers into direct on campus placements and thus making GIBS one of the best B schools in Bangalore.