Importance of Socio-Cultural Groups in an Institution – March 27,2017
Perspective of socio-culture
The human being is the creation of group life. This is normal, that all individuals love to live within a flock. People belong to different society and they believe in varied cultural values. A human being from all parts of the world behaves according to their religion, rituals, beliefs, etc. The viewpoint of different cultures will help us to understand actions of every personality according to the rules followed by diverse communal collections.
What is a social group and its effect on human behavior
Wherever you go, you will find clusters of individuals, coming from varied societies and with mixed religious thinking. Whether it is in college or workplace, you will surely be in touch with your friends or colleagues who are from different communities. Consequently, these gatherings of colleagues and friends are popular as social groups. Here you may find a similarity in thinking process between them within the assembly or you may find that all are involved in performing the same task.
People from the separate community, ethnicity, gender, traditions have a large impact on the individual’s behavior. The viewpoints of individuals vary according to their rituals, faith, civilization, etc.
Types of grouping of people within the society
A wide range of grouping of individuals can be noticed within every society. These clusters are mainly developed depending upon the creed and the way of life. These clusters have a huge influence over every one of us and this gives a shape to the activities and personality within all persons. The first type of assemblage is obviously the family. Here you will grow and learn about your own culture and creed. This primary cluster of humans helps to find out how to carry on face to face interactions with others.
The secondary grouping of individual develops on the basis of hobbies and interests between people. This can be a temporary gathering of individuals. This type of gathering is formed among the students within schools and colleges, colleagues within offices, etc. Here people can interact with each other and can share their thoughts, perspective, interests with each other. A collection of students has always been effective in their lives as well as in their studies. Again, a team of employees is helpful for them to discuss the work related matters.
Significance of social groups in our everyday life
You will definitely find several sets of people within your locality or college or workplace. You will surely want to hang out with any of the clusters where you find utmost comfort. Being attached with such set of humans is essential for own maturity. Well, here we can take a look at the areas which can get improved with the help of such gatherings.
• Improvement in individual’s capacity: We have to perform lots of tasks in our daily life and all of which cannot be performed singly. To complete these tasks we need to take the help of others. Most of the time, to support us, our family comes forward and this enhances the capacity of any person.
• Completion of basic needs: Humans are the social creature and without a group life, it becomes tough for them to survive. Involving within a gathering, it will be helpful to take pleasure in all the basic needs such as biological needs, sociological needs, and physiological needs.
• Development in personality: While an individual starts interacting with others, he or she learns many things. This interaction helps them learn the way of living. With the lessons of discipline and rules, the personality within every human being also gets improved.
Importance of social groups in colleges
In this present era, we can notice a huge effect of globalization in the field of education too. Students are joining from diverse background to schools and colleges. Hence, we can notice a nice blend of different cultures and religious within the students. Here in colleges too, students have their own assemblage. Surely, there are lots of benefits of such clusters.
• Improved communication skill: When lots of students from wide-ranging backgrounds take admission in colleges, the interaction between them starts. This is, no doubt, the best way to develop communication skill. Here learners will have an idea about various languages.
• Enhance social values: These flocks will surely make students aware about other communities. This teaches students to respect the feelings of other religions, rituals, faith and beliefs. Thus, this will definitely enhance the communal values within the aspirants within the colleges.
• Problem solver: Learners of a college can become a problem solver as much as they do communication with others in the institutions. Conflicts can arise between any of them or sometimes situation can become quarrelsome too. Now, if a student understands the problem properly and can interact well with others, then he or she can surely become a good problem solver.
Consequently, those above are the areas where we can notice that the existence of varied socio-cultural groups within an educational institution is always good.
At GIBS we understand the need of the students with respect to changing needs of the society and thus enough emphasis is given on social activities for all our programs. For More please visit: www.gibsbschool.com