Webinar by Mr.Gwrishankar R on Financial Lessons From Thirukural – 22nd June 2020.
A webinar on “FINANCIAL LESSONS FROM THIRUKURAL” by Mr. R Gowri Shankar -Assistant Professor in Business Studies at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) School of Business Studies and Social Sciences, Bannerghatta Road Campus, Bengaluru.
The program started with Google meet; held on Monday from 11 am to 12:15 pm. In this session around 35 Participants of students from GIBS B School MBA and PGDM are joined.
Few gist’s of the session:
• 751-Wealth makes them, who were deemed worthless, worthy;
if not, it is not wealth.
• 751 V2-There is nothing other than wealth
that brings respect to those who never had it.
• 752-The poor are ridiculed by all, and
the rich esteemed by all.
• 753-The unfailing lamp called wealth will dislodge darkness
by throwing light anywhere it wants to.
• 754-It yields righteousness and joy, the wealth
acquired capably without causing any harm.
• 755-Consider it unworthy of acquiring – wealth
that is not generated with compassion and love.
• 756-Funds generated in the normal course, internal taxes and
acquisitions from enemies are sources of wealth for the king.
• 757-The infant called compassion, birthed by love,
is nurtured by the rich custodian called wealth.
• 758-Doing a deed with some wealth on hand
is like climbing a hilltop and watching tuskers tussle.
• 759-Make money – there is no weapon sharper than it
to sever the pride of your foes.
• 760-For those who have made abundant wealth through fair means,
the remaining two (righteousness and love) are easy to achieve.
Facilitator has explained the above-mentioned quotes which was in the Thirukural book with present financial cases. Session was very much interactive and helpful for the students to understand how to create wealth in appropriate ways and the pitfalls of wrong way of creating the wealth.